Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How my hair changed..and so quickly at that!

The daycare that I volunteer at just found a picture of me when I was a little girl going there at about three years old. On of the most obvious differences between me now and me then was my hair of course. My mom had my hair in a single braided ponytail but my hair was soo smooth. I thought I was 3A back then but I was actually in the 2s like 2c/3a when was a little girl. How did my hair get so kinky? It's still curly I mean its a 3c but I mean GEEZ! Does everybody's hair do this? I hear about white people going from blonde to brunette but I guess black people go from straight to curly to nappy since I was bron with straight hair on my head except for ONE and yes I said ONE curl lol. My face and everything looked about the same but I looked more like my dad it seems like over the years I've morphed into my mom. People call me her clone and if you saw us you'd be shocked too. But my hair went through a very heavy transformation to the point where I needed to press it and my mom could no longer put it in simple ponytail styles anymore but she really had to dig in there and actually comb out all of my really, really curly hair. My hair is fine now but man it takes some styling and some work to get it tame. I will show the pictures soon but my digital camera does not have batteries but you can see the after affects of age in the posts below. Ahhhh jus like some in their 40s and 50s want to go back to their youth in both body tyoe and flawless skin sometimes I want my hair back!

How was I born with this hair type










Have this hair type as a little girl ages 2 and 3


















Have this hair type at ages 4 and 5












And finally end up with this little girls hair type at 7 years and beyond

1 comment:

  1. Hahah I have no idea what's going on on your head. Perhaps the same way people mature into freckles, or a different hair color entirely?

    ReplyDelete